“The true measure of a person is not in the notoriety which they gain during their life, rather it is the extent to which future generations are impacted by their life once they have passed. It is their legacy.”
– Nolan Watson, Founder of Nations Cry
It is for this reason that Nations Cry has established Legacy Funds, whereby donors who wish to create a lasting legacy can donate to an endowment fund with their own name on it, dedicated to the types of causes that are important to the donor. Nations Cry will separately track all donations made by that individual (or by other individuals) to that Legacy Fund, the principal balance of which will continue to earn interest and impact future generations long after the donor is gone. The minimum donation required to establish a Legacy Fund is $1,000 and there is no minimum for subsequent donations to that Fund.
Each Legacy Fund will be named after an individual (either the person creating it, or in memory of another individual.) In order to create or Donate to a Legacy Fund, please provide/state the following while making your donation:
- Provide a signed statement that you request Nations Cry to hold the funds for “a minimum of 10 years” (thus allowing Nations Cry to hold the principal indefinitely);
- State that the donation is for a Legacy Fund;
- Provide the name of your Legacy Fund; and
- For new Legacy Funds, please state the preferred type of cause (i.e. orphanages, education, economic development, other etc) that you would like the Legacy Funds earning to be dedicated to.